Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Spirit Day at Animal Friends Humane Society

What a great day! I had a blast volunteering at the Animal Friends Humane Society yesterday for my Spirit Day through work. One day each year my work gives us a Spirit Day, which is treated like a vacation day only you are required to volunteer at the place of your choice for the day.

A few coworkers and I went together yesterday and gave our time to this wonderful organization and beautiful animals. We started the day out with breakfast at Bob Evans, delicious! Then it was off to work.

We spent most of the day walking each dog individually, then did some other much needed odd jobs. I met some really great dogs yesterday, and below are a few of my absolute favorites that I may have spent just a little bit more time with.

Sarge - a gorgeous Pit Bull with a great disposition!

Click Here for more information on Sarge

Roofus - this guy was bouncing up and down in his kennel when he saw that I had a leash and was coming to take him for a walk. I was a little nervous that he might be really hyper, but he walked great on a leash!

Click Here for more information on Roofus

Donte - Oh Donte...I just love you. Sweet, gentle, playful, perfect.

Click Here for more information about Donte


Wallace - What can I say I am a sucker for black lab mixes. Wallace is an absolute joy, and just smiles at you the whole time you are walking together.

Click Here for more information on Wallace

I am going to become a regular volunteer at Animal Friends, orientation is October 23rd. I urge you to give some time at your local shelter. I had a wonderful time, met some great people and animals. Donate some time to give back to these wonderful animals that give us unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment